It is our priority that all our Kids Takeover families and children enjoy a happy, healthy and safe summer, here’s how we are working to the government guidance to be Covid Safe;
The Latest Government Guidance states;
The type of protective measures specific providers put in place will depend on their individual circumstances, such as the type of the activity they offer (for example whether children will be moving around rather than sitting at desks), the size and layout of their premises, and whether the activity is being held indoors or outdoors.
The key measures that every setting should have in place are:
- Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms do not attend their setting. This also applies if a member of their family has symptoms or if they have been advised by NHS Test & Trace as ‘a close contact’ to isolate at home.
- Encouraging staff and children attending to clean their hands more often than usual, including before and after activities and before and after using toilet/washroom facilities.
- Ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often than usual using standard products, such as detergent or bleach.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of toilets and washrooms.
- Minimising contact and mixing between groups of children by altering the environment to allow for social distancing between children and keeping children in small consistent groups.
Before sending your child to a setting, you will want to ask providers what measures have been put in place to keep children, staff members and parents or carers safe, and any practicalities you need to be aware of such as collection and drop-off times and whether your child should bring their own water bottle or lunch to the setting.
Full Guidance HERE